Sunday 22 August 2010

here has to be home

I have to make the best of where I am, because I know I'm going to be here a while. And it's nice; my room is lovely and cosy, I have some wonderful friends here and I get to spend the last year I'm ever going to be able to not worrying about being a grown up. I spent so long being how other people wanted me to be, and now the only person who I worry about how he sees me is 200 miles away and I only see him once a month.

I can just chill out, mess around and waste my time with whatever takes my fancy. I'm starting to see the plus sides of being here very clearly. And, of course, I get to go back to Brighton and party and chat with friends fairly regularly. Probably more regularly now than I did when I lived there, if I'm honest...

I've been having some odd dreams again; I don't want to go into detail. But they stay with me for days; ghosts of dead memories haunting me when my mind strays into shadowy areas. The upshot of this is that I'm very sensitive to everything, in good and bad ways. For example, a secret on Postsecret today made me well up; it was so unrelated to anything in my life at the moment, but it touched something inside me that hurt and made me feel so proud at the same time. It was the one pictured left.


I've started painting some of Liam's Talisman figurines. I'm actually quite proud of them! Except for the Minstrel; he's just hard to do! But I'll touch it up when I've got some more skill. It's not really that bad, it's just he has these little white lines down his legs and you kind of have to do them freehand... it's difficult. I'll get there, did a good job with the Wizard and the Prophetess! I'll be sad when I have to give them back to him, maybe I'll have to get some of my own to paint. Or would that be crossing the line too far into nerdiness? Hmm.

Anyway, off to play some Fable II and rest before the week commences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share...