Wednesday 3 February 2010

Achievements so far...

Today I had my induction at the gym- it's just around the corner from work, so it's really handy, and the people there are very friendly. I enjoyed it, and I'll be going again tomorrow. Hopefully I will be super-fit in no time. I used the cross trainer, the stepping machine, the treadmill and an exercise bike. Quite a good workout; the stepping machine was by far the hardest of them all!

A few days ago I made some cupcakes for a cake sale at work, the proceeds of which were to go to help with the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. I was going to make about 30, but instead only made 16 because I spent ages and ages on the icing. They weren't perfect; I know that with practice and some better ideas (more planning) I could do some really interesting things, but they were good enough.

I've seen some incredible cupcake designs on the internet, the most notable of which were these Super Mario Bros ones. They had all sorts of Super Mario related shenanigans, and I really wanted to try and make them myself. I didn't quite have all the icing colours I needed, and I certainly don't have the skill yet, but when I have the time to master such an art I will most definitely post pictures of my results.

My favourite of the cupcakes I managed to make was the flower one (middle of the picture above). It was really easy to make and I thought it looked like the prettiest. I think I'd like to make a whole batch of those! The star shaped centre really brought it together, I think. The purple icing is also pretty cool, I made it by mixing red and blue together (very proud of my brainwave there). I really love making cupcakes, and should do it more often. It's quite time consuming though, and with all my other commitments at the moment it just gets put on the backburner... ah well!

I'm so tired after the gym, I'm going to have to go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share...