Friday 29 January 2010

I'm excited about life

I emailed lots and lots of volunteering companies yesterday, and although I am yet to receive a reply from any of them I am looking forward to a telephone interview next Tuesday (it was automatically booked when I applied). I really don't mind where I go, I just want to meet new people and get involved in the world. I grew up in a small village, and Brighton has felt just as small to me for a few years now...

I have found a way around my money problems now too! I was worried about being tied in to my loan with HSBC, but if they won't allow me a repayment holiday then I will take a loan with Natwest who will. That will hopefully pay for my travel expenses and everything, as well as obviously paying off the HSBC loan. Then I only have to worry about it when I get back...

I feel like I spend a lot of time on my own at the moment. It's not a bad thing, and it's actually quite nice, it's just strange. I'm so used to having someone around that makes noise and fills the space, and it's strange how much more you notice it when it's gone...

See, if I had a television I'm sure I'd be zoned out in front of it watching nonsense. Instead, I'm thinking and writing and communicating, which is probably much healthier.
I noticed once that when I stopped blogging my wits were slower and I didn't think as critically as before. I used to be able to write such beautiful poetry (although I didn't think so at the time), and take incredible photographs. I don't know what changed about my life that meant I forgot how to do it, or even that it was something I really enjoyed.

My hope is that by reconnecting with some part of my brain, I'll slowly reawaken that side of me and start doing these things again! Maybe going to the gym will give me the energy to go with it, too. I've decided I'm going to join one around the corner this coming Monday, and try and go three days a week after work. Should be worth it just to save the napping in the evenings!

I'm so hungry, but I have no idea what I'm going to have for dinner...

1 comment:

  1. Which gym? :)
    I signed up last October and I go three times a week and I really feel better - also physically, because I am conscious I do something good for myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share...